Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Small fact about me: I love chocolate and peanut butter. It's probably one of my favorite food combinations. I my favorite candy is Reese's, my favorite blizzards from DQ are Reese's blizzards, on occasion when I'm craving it at home I'll just melt some chocolate chips and put a dollop of peanut butter in it and gobble it all up. Needles to say, I kind of a have a thing for chocolate and peanut butter.

Thanks to Pinterest I found this yummy recipe. Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. This recipe is really easy. You use a cake mix and make your own icing. (Which is the way I always make my cupcakes.)



For these cupcakes you'll need...

For the cake mix you'll use 1 box of devil's food cake mix and make the cupcakes according to the package.

For the frosting:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 stick of butter (softened)

Mix all your frosting ingredients together in a large bowl. Then pipe your icing on to your cooled cupcakes. You could even top your cupcakes with some chocolate chips!

There are only 2 changes I would make to this recipe.
1. Next time I'll add some chocolate chips to the cake mix to make it more chocolatier (is that a word?).
2. I'll probably use less milk in the frosting next time. It was a little soft when piping it and I like my icing a little more stiff for me to work with. (Just personal preference.)

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. chocolate and peanut butter is my absolute favorite as well!! When gary and I went on our anniversary camping trip we tried Reese cups with our smores instead of hersey bars and let me just say...it was DEVINE!!!! I'll have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete