Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vacation Part 2

For the third of our trip Charlie and I ate at The Back Porch. Which, I thought, was the best place we ate at while in Destin.


This is a local place that was right next to where we were staying, so we took a nice stroll down the beach to get the restaurant. This place has a fun, relaxed beach front restaurant feel. Our table was right next to the window which was a plus. (Here's Charlie after I asked him to smile for a picture...he thinks he's cute.)


So I decided to play along. Here I am contemplating what I'm about to order...


I ended up order the Parmesan Mahi Mahi -- which was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is planning a trip to Destin!


On our last night there we took a dolphin tour. I had bought the tickets on Groupon a few weeks back (half price!). Taking a dolphin tour not something I'd usually do, but thought it would be something fun - and different - for us to do. Plus, Charlie has this weird love of dolphins. So I knew he'd enjoy the tour. Here's Charlie anticipating seeing some dolphins!


We did get to see one pod of dolphins while we were out! Some were jumping out of the water and playing while others just came up to see everyone on the boat. This was the best picture I could get of the dolphins...they are quick little guys.


The tour was about 2 hours and we took the sunset cruise so we had some beautiful views while we were out on the water.



We had wonderful time and I'm already missing the beach. So long Destin...I'll miss you til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment