Friday, May 4, 2012

Cucumber Cornbread Panzanella Salad

I heard that today is Star Wars day...May the 4th be with you....

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :)



This is a great recipe for a light and airy summer salad. It's really easy to make and very yummy! I found this recipe from the Food Network, Everyday Italian.

Here's what you'll need:

2 cups of cornbread cut into cubes
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup cubed fontina cheese
1/2 cup cubed cucumber
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients into a large bowl...and enjoy!

If you want more cheese, tomatoes, or cucumbers you can add more to the mix to get a bolder taste. I actually used a whole cucumber when I made it because I wanted more of the cucumber taste.

*Sorry I don't have a picture of this salad, I gobbled it up before I remembered to take a photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment