Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strawberry Bread


I was recently given a few slices of some strawberry bread from my Grandma. A couple of days later it was all gone, (I love strawberry bread!) so I decided to make some strawberry bread of my own. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
This recipe makes two loafs -- one for you and one for a friend!

What you'll need:
2 cups fresh strawberries (I actually used a bit more.)
3 1/8 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two bread pans.

Cut and dice strawberries, set them in a medium size bowl and and sprinkle with sugar. Blend oil and eggs with strawberries. (Add pecans to strawberry mixture -- if you choose.)

Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Stir together. Add strawberry mixture and mix until dry mixture is moist.

Pour into your two bread pans and bake for 50 minutes.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment