Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Mac and a Canvas Photo Deal...

For my birthday I got some techie gifts. Charlie got me a *new* battery for my mac. This has been needed for a long time and I was so happy to be able to use my laptop again without fear of it dying! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my mac and it's been the best computer ever. I've had it for about 5 years now and I haven't had a single problem with it. The only thing that went bad was the battery...and it probably should have in 5 years time! It's been a great computer and I'm sold on all items Apple because of it.

I also finally updated my mac to the newest processing system (Lion) and it's taking a bit of getting used to. I actually really like how they've organized most of the items, but some of the scrolling/ finger swiping gestures are what I'm trying to master. They've swapped the way you scroll up and down--if you want to go down, you swipe your fingers up and down to go up. (Plus, for all you mac users, I had to change the 3 finger swipe to go back/ forward while internet browsing. I use that gesture ALL the time and I'm not sure why they changed it in Lion.)

Not only do I get all the upgrades with Lion, but I finally get iCloud on my computer! iCloud is about the best thing ever for macs. I love the fact that I never have to email myself photos or information I have on my iPhone or iPad ever again, they automatically sync together now!
I use Google Calendar for my electronic calendar, so that's never been an issue. Google Calendar is nice when Charlie and I try to keep up with everything we've both got scheduled. Plus, I'm planning on using Google Calendar for my volleyball team next year and my classroom. It's very easy to create and share calendars with people!

______________________________________________________________________________


Now on to the canvas deal. I actually bought two canvases from this deal to put on my collage wall (which I'm still collecting items for...). I've been really happy with these canvases. You can get a free 8x10 canvas *you just have to pay for shipping* or you can get $50 off any canvas size from Canvas People. This is a great deal and a high quality canvas photos!




I hope y'all are having a great week! I'm still busy subbing (I'll finally start slowing down some next week) and thanks to the kiddos I've got a lovely head cold. Not only am I completely stopped up (yuck) but I also lost my voice yesterday! I guess it will make for an interesting rest of the week...
Scratch that. Last night I got shaky and achy, so I took my temperature before I went to bed and found that I have low grade fever...boo! Hopefully I'll be able to make it back subbing by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment