Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Official!

I now can officially say that I'll be the newest preschool teacher at Little Madison Academy! I'll be taking over one of the 3 year old classrooms in the fall. After two long years of waiting, I'll finally be able to have my own classroom!

I found out about the opening the week before spring break but I couldn't tell anyone about it until today. The school wanted to wait until everything was lined up before they told the teachers at Little MA and the elementary school. Now that all the teachers and faculty know, I can now tell everyone else about it!

Preschool isn't my ideal job, but it's definitely a step in the right direction--ideally I'd like Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd--so it's not far from it. I'll miss seeing all the "big" kids at the elementary school but I'm excited with this new opportunity to work with the kids down at the preschool. (The elementary and preschool are two different buildings.) I'll still be able to coach my volleyball team so that is a wonderful plus.

I'm glad to be officially part of the Madison Academy family and I'm happy that I won't have to leave the school. I've grown so close to many of the teachers and faculty at the elementary school, but I'm excited to work with all the ladies down at the little school. This is such a great opportunity for me and I'm really looking forward to finally having my own classroom!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! That's so exciting! I know it's difficult to find a teaching job so I'm really happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, but who will I get for Grandparents' Day now! :) I know you will love being at the Little School!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! You will be great. I am so happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete