Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sneak Peak and Product Review

I'm so excited for the weekend! I'm helping throw a shower for one of my very best friends! Lindsey and I have been friends since we were 5. I've grown up with her through elementary, middle, high school, college, we were in each other's weddings, and now the next step....babies! She's the first of my friends to have a baby and I couldn't be more excited.


I'm going to give you a small sneak peek for her shower on Saturday. Lindsey is doing grays, yellows, and pinks in her nursery, so I knew I wanted to include that somehow in her shower. She also painted some adorable gray stripes for the nursery. My sister is a graphic designer and designs invitations on Etsy. I told her some my ideas for the invitations and theme of the shower and she came up with the most adorable invitation! With her shop, you buy an invitation design, she'll then personalize it for you, email it to you, and you can print as many as you need! It's so easy, and an affordable way to get some special invitations and party goodies.


These are invitations that my sister designed for me! Aren't they adorable?! 
You can find her shop HERE.

Our theme for the shower is gray, pink, and snowflakes. Allison also designed a banner, and some favor circles for us that match the invitations. Here you can see me preparing the banner!


I used my Fiskars paper cutter to cut out my invitations and banner. This was a Christmas present from my lovely brother (well...he gave me a gift card to Amazon and the paper cutter was purchased with the gift card....). I'd been needing a paper cutter and had searched around a bit and found that this cutter was highly recommended. I love this thing! You can't tell it in the picture, but there is a small string in the cutting area, so you can tell exactly where you are lining your paper up to be cut! That is a really nice feature, especially if you cut items that aren't straight squares or rectangles. This cutter is about $20, but is worth every penny! You can buy your own HERE.


After this weekend, I'll give you the full details of the shower and show you how everything turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Ashley! We're praying for your family. Love ya sista

    ReplyDelete