Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Prayer Request

I'm sorry I've been MIA and not posting anything the last few days. Last week was a crazy week, and a bit emotionally draining. A few months ago, my great Uncle Don was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, but his cancer is actually mostly in the bones of his leg. My Uncle is 80+, but when he found out he had cancer he knew he wanted to do whatever he could to battle it. He's been going through chemo treatments and it's been very hard on him as well as my Dad. (He's been taking on a great deal of the responsibility in caring for him, taking him to and from his treatments, and doctor appointments.) I know it's been hard on my Dad seeing my Uncle Don like this, but he's done everything he can for him. Recently, my Uncle broke his leg (thankfully my Dad was there when it happened and was able to help take care of him), and has been in rehab to help heal it. (He is now out of rehab and is at home.)

Last week, during a strange turn of events my Grandmother Hill went into the hospital to check on her head (we thought she might have fallen), after a few X-rays of her head and chest, some spots were found on both of her lungs. They decided to biopsy the spots to find out what exactly was going on. Last Wednesday, we found out that the biopsy showed these spots are lung cancer. After talking it over, it was decided to not try to have my Grandmother have to go through chemotherapy. This was very difficult news to hear.

So, I ask you to please pray for my Grandmother, my Uncle Don, my Dad and the rest of my family during this difficult time.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all of this. I'll be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete