Sunday, January 29, 2012

Office Chair Face Lift

Anyone have a boring old office chair that needs a face lift? My office chair was plain, simple, and boring. Case in point.....


Nothing special, ordinary chair.

Now, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with a boring office chair. I had one for ages. But, I finally decided it was time for change. Time to update it's look and make it a bit more personal.

So, I purchased some fabric.


I'm in love with chevron stripes right now!

This fabric is Dear Stella Palladium Chevron in Yellow. The colors in my office / guest bedroom are greens, yellows, and purple. I know that might sound weird, but they are all really pretty together. (I'll have to post a picture of the room later.)

So, I decided to recover my office chair with this beautiful and fun fabric! It was really easy and took me about 30 minutes to do. For this project you don't need much and it's very inexpensive! 

All you'll need is some fabric of your choice, a philips head screw driver, and a staple gun.


Later I actually used a flat head screw diver to help get the back of the chair back onto the cushion. (Please ignore the fact that the screw diver's end is a bit chewed off. Our dogs were puppies once!)

It was easy to take apart my chair. Just make sure you don't loose your screws!


After unscrewing my chair, I used the screw driver to pop off the backs of the chair cushions.

Then, I just took my fabric and stapled it around the edges of my seat cushions. It was a little tricky because the seats are a bit curved, plus of course the corners. I just tried to fold my fabric the best I could without letting it crease. I do have some creases, but they are very small and you can't really see them. (They aren't really noticeable, so I don't mind!) 
I'm really happy with the finished look!


Much better! Don't ya think?! The stripes are so cute and I LOVE the way it turned out!





4 comments:

  1. looks great! i'm making a chevron quilt for hardy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! I wish I had a roller chair, but I seriously might have to do this to the one I do have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! MUCH much cuter than the plain jane "before"! :)

    I would love if you'd link this up to my new linky party!!

    http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-spotlight-3.html

    Happy Crafting, Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive seen a few of these done, but this is the only one where its been dissembled and fabric chosen which takes into consideration the original design and colours. Its by far the best one .

    ReplyDelete