Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year 2012 Resolutions



It's a brand new year...and I plan on having a great 2012! I hope you had a fantastic New Year's and are looking forward to a great 2012 as well. I know I just posted about my NYE tradition and my plans for ringing in the new year, but sometimes your plans change. I'll post later this week about what really happened my NYE night.

As for now, I'll focus on my plans and resolutions for this year. I've got a few new year's resolutions I thought I'd share with y'all and I hope that accomplish all of them!

1. Read the Bible in a year. I haven't been the best about reading my Bible this year, so for 2012 I'm going to change that. I signed up for the 365 day Old and New Testament Bible reading plan from biblegateway.com. I've also found a website (there's plenty out there if you look) that gives a one year chronological reading of the Bible, so I'm going to try that reading plan as well.

2. Work out a little more. Yep. It's the standard New Year's resolution. The new year means it's time to crack down on all those bad eating habits from the holidays and whip yourself into shape! I'm going to try to set a goal that is actually obtainable while changing and challenging my work out / fitness regime. I'm planning on working out in some form or fashion 2-3 days a week. This means running, yoga, aerobics, or walking the dogs (with my dogs--it's a workout!), a few times a week. With this plan, I'm hoping to shape up, tone up, and hopefully lose a few pounds. (Aren't we all?!)

3. Start sewing. So, I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year and was so excited to use it! I had never used a sewing machine before, but I was so excited to learn and wanted to jump right in and make a few things. After receiving my machine, I kindly asked my mother to help teach me the basics, to which she kindly refused. So....I was forced to try it by myself. I sat down and piddled with my machine some to figure things out and got frustrated in a hurry. And as you've probably guessed, I used my sewing machine all of 2 times this year--to mend a couple of pockets in some of my clothes. WOW. What a let down, I know. So for 2012 I'm planning on actually making somethings. After consulting my Aunt Janice as to what would be good to start off with as a beginner, she had a few suggestions for me. As of right now, my first couple of projects on my list are a pillow and an apron. I'll keep you informed as to how my progress on these projects. :)

4. Start and keep a journal / blog. Yep. I'm already ahead of the game on this one. Now it's only a matter of keeping up with it!


What goals do you have for 2012? How do you go about sticking to them throughout the year?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sewing projects! I have an apron pattern you can use, don't know why I didn't give it to you the other night. I'd be glad to help you if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your resolutions. I really want to learn how to sew as well. i guess I need to ask for a sewing machine for Christmas :). I think the first step to keeping your new years resolutions is writing them down, so you are a step ahead on that as well! I want to read the bible through this year too and start a prayer journal...maybe a prayer blog now that you've mentioned it!! I also want to lose a few pounds. We are going to try to do a gluton free (as much as possible) diet. Sounds like we have almost the same ones :). I guess I need to go blog about mine now. Good LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete