Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Newest Sewing Project

As you can see...I've been playing around on my blog again. I've finally found a look that I LOVE! I hope y'all like it too. I promise there won't be many more changes, there's just a few more little items I'm trying to figure out how to make them work. But for now, this is the look I'm sticking with!

I'm sure most of you saw this on Facebook last week, but I finally finished my first sewing project! I made a pillow case -- which is probably the easiest thing ever -- and I couldn't be more proud of my accomplishment! (You gotta start somewhere...right?!)

Well, I was so excited to make this pillow case that I kinda forgot to take pictures along the way. I remember this at the end of the project, so you'll only get one picture of my progress.

I found this fabric on Modern Fabric Studio a few weeks ago. It's called bird paisley in scarlet and can be seen here.


I loved the birds and flowers in this fabric. 

I found this easy tutorial and decided I'd give it a try. My pillow is 18", so I cut my fabric 18" by 40".  On each end of the rectangle, I folded the fabric over and hemmed it. Then, I folded my fabric (right sides facing each other) on top of each other. I kept a 3 1/2" overlap of the fabric for the back side of the fabric.


Here's the only picture I got while making my pillowcase.

Then, I just sewed up the ends! Super easy. After sewing it together, I turned my pillowcase right-side out, and inserted the pillow.


It turned out so pretty! I couldn't be happier. :)


The finished look!

Do you have an easy/fun sewing project you'd like to share? I've got a few more projects in mind that I'm planning on doing soon, but I'm still looking for more things to make!


2 comments:

  1. perfect!! adds a nice touch doesn't it?!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! You are so handy with the sewing machine!! I think that might be my next big purchase!!

    ReplyDelete