Friday, January 6, 2012

Chalkboard Bins

I was feeling a little bit crafty today, so I decided to tackle some of my storage bins in my office. I've been wanting to better organize my office for a while and I have this very handy and useful 3 tiered storage bin. I've really liked it, but wanted to spruce it up a bit. I've had some scrapbook paper in the drawers to make it a little cuter, but was tired of that look. So, it was time to get out some of my most trusted and prized possession.....spray paint!


Cute, but can be better!

I was brainstorming, and decided to use my chalkboard spray paint that I bought a while back. The thought of a chalkboard in a can is pretty awesome. When I bought this I didn't know what I'd use it on, but figured I'd fine something to use it on! And I'd finally found the perfect project for it!


I used Krylon's "Chalkboard" spray paint.

So, I pulled my drawers out and got them situated on my handy dandy piece of cardboard out in the yard. Can you tell I've used it to spray paint things before??? 



I sprayed them down and waited about 20 minutes for them to completely dry before bringing them back in. And since today was such a nice day, the dogs decided to join me outside! 



Cola even got in on the action!

So, there ya have it. Easy peasy, 30 minute transformation of plain 3 bin plastic drawers! I'm really pleased with the results! It's amazing what a little spray paint can do.


So what do ya think?? Now, I've just got to figure out what my next chalkboard spray paint transformation will be!



No comments:

Post a Comment