Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve Tradition

Without realizing it, I started a New Year's tradition. For the past three years I've spent my New Year's with some of my closets friends.

Three years ago, when Charlie and I were dating, I started out spending my New Year's with him and then ditched him half way through the night for the Denney sisters. (Don't worry, he was with his friends...but I can only take so much engineer talk!!)  We headed off together and ended up meeting up with some different guys....what can I say...I was with Tara and Teresa?! If I'm around them, boys are bound to be close by. :)


Us with Trent, one of the guys we met up with that night.

Then, two years ago, I went to Nashville to be with my girlfriends Tara, Teresa, Maria, Brooke, and Hannah. We walked around the Opryland Hotel and were able to see all the beautiful Christmas decorations. (I had never seen the hotel at Christmas.) Then, went to eat at Old Spaghetti Factory -- which is SO good! Later, we had a crazy night walking around everywhere since we couldn't decide what we wanted to do, or where we wanted to go. We ended up downtown where they had a huge stage set up for bands and they had a ball drop at midnight.


At one of the big trees at the hotel.


Us girls at Old Spaghetti Factory.

Last year, we got our core group together again, but Charlie and some of the boyfriends, husbands, etc. joined us. Maria had a great idea to go to Chattanooga and surprise David for his birthday and we could celebrate New Year's together again. (His birthday is New Year's Eve.) This was a lot of fun. We had a big group of us show up at Big River Grill to surprise him. When he and Maria walked into the restaurant, he didn't get it at first...he just thought some of us just happened to be there. It was so funny to see his face once he figured it out! After we ate we went back to Maria and David's house to watch the ball drop and spend time together.


This is the only picture I could find of that night! This was all the girls at Maria and David's house.

This year, Charlie and I are planning to spend New Year's at a wedding. That's right, a wedding. One of my cousin's is getting married New Year's Eve in Nashville. I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding, it's going to be at the Hermitage, plus I think winter weddings are so pretty! The wedding is pretty formal...black tie optional, I've never been to such a formal wedding! So of course, I had to go shopping and buy a whole new outfit. :)

But what about my New Year's tradition with my friends?? Well, don't worry! We planned ahead and decided to have everyone meet up again in Nashville this year. So I'll still be spending my New Year's night with my girlfriends again! After the wedding, I'll have a quick wardrobe change and meet up with them to celebrate the end of this year and the beginning of next year. Yay, for fun New Year's traditions!

So I leave you with this adorable video of Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing "What are You Doing New Year's Eve?" It's so cute! Plus, I just LOVE her voice.


1 comment: